|User RatingBe the first one !||
Generic Valium is a pharmaceutical that is used to eliminate anxious symptoms. It is prescribed to reduce anxious feelings and nervousness, providing the general anxiolytic effect. It is also known for its pronounced actions, such as:
- Neuromuscular relaxant
Valium is also known as diazepam by the name of its active material.
The drug’s capacity of making the GABA’s central action more potent conditions its influence on human organism. Modern medical science considers gamma aminobutyric acid as the main inhibitory transmitter of central nervous system.
Since this medication has been relatively popular among patients suffering anxiety disorders, there is a possibility to stumble across counterfeit pharmaceuticals via the global network. Be aware of such dishonest manufacturers and try not to take generic Valium without a prescription.
Physicians recommend taking Valium in cases when a patient needs a multimodality or single-drug therapy. First and foremost, it regards people suffering:
- Organic diseases of central nervous system
Another common use regards people who cannot sleep well because of sleeplessness. This preparation can also be combined with other medications for those who suffer alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
First thing, the drug is prohibited for people who are intolerant towards the active material or any of its components. Also, diazepam should not be taken by individuals who suffer:
- Spinal or cerebral ataxia
- Alcohol addiction
- Closed-angle (angle-closure) glaucoma
- Suicide tendency
- Epilepsy or epileptic seizures in past history
- Alcohol addiction
- Drug dependence
Renal or hepatic dysfunctions require utmost caution when prescribing the medicine.
The pharmaceutical might be prescribed only for 3 years old children and older.
Anyone taking diazepam should avoid the activities that might potentially lead to danger. It concerns the activities that require increased attention in the first place.
Valium is responsible for making a selective inhibitory effect on specific regions of encephalon. It also:
- Steadies patient’s nerves
- Causes vegetative and emotional relaxation
- Suppresses uneasiness and anxious feelings
- Improves sleep quality
At the average, the maximal concentration of diazepam in blood plasma is reached in an hour after the intake.
What are the adverse reactions to Valium without a prescription?
The course of therapy with this medication usually goes without any serious negative effects. However, the treatment might be followed by some adverse reactions, such as:
- Allergic reactions: skin eruption, nettle rash
- Central nervous system: headaches, hallucinations, memory and sleep abnormalities, intense agitation, tremor, giddiness, mogiarthria
- Hepatobiliary and digestive systems: hypersalivation, dry tunica mucosa of mouth, stool abnormalities, increase in hepatic transaminase and alkaline phosphatase activity
- Other: involuntary urination, libido changes
Also, generic Valium might be followed by an abstinence syndrome.
Signs of overdose
The following symptoms may indicate an overdose:
- Apneustic breath
- Respiratory activity depression
- Paradoxical agitation
- Cardiac activity depression
In case you have noticed any of the abovementioned symptoms, which seem to be concerning, you would need to seek for emergency medical aid as soon as possible.