Problems with erection are familiar to many men, especially those who overstepped the 40-year-old line.
Reduction of erectile function can manifest itself in different ways. Under this definition, an erection is not enough to commit sexual intercourse. The inability to maintain a steady erection for act completion and a complete lack of erection as well as a decrease in libido lead to failure.
From time to time, almost everyone is confronted with the problem of a weak erection. Fatigue, anxiety, illness, and quarrels with a partner do not contribute to “mood”. There is nothing strange in the fact that a hefty dose of alcohol interferes with the process. But the easing of erection may be named a systematic problem if from four attempts to enter into a intercourse at least one ends with failure.
All the reasons, because of which the erection weakens, can be divided into two groups: psychological and physiological. If you compare a person with a computer, then the first means a problem in the software, and the second – in the hardware.
Psychological reasons are:
- stress (of any origin: because of work, conflicts, uncertainty or fear of the future)
- chronic fatigue caused by hard work
- so-called failure expectation syndrome, when, faced with a weak erection one day, a man begins to have a panic fear of a repetition of failure and, thereby, exacerbates the problem
- neuroses, depression, sub-depressive states.
These reasons border on physiological ones. Because depression is not always caused by psychological causes, it can lead to various violations in the work of the central nervous system or the endocrine system.
The physiological causes of mild erections include:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system
- disturbances in the work of the spinal cord and brain
- disturbances of hormonal balance (first of all – thyroid gland diseases)
- side effects of some drugs, mainly means for reducing blood pressure, neuroleptics, anticonvulsants, antidepressants, and hormones, as well as steroids
- keeping an unhealthy lifestyle – a predilection for alcohol, smoking and especially drugs, overweight due to malnutrition, sedentary lifestyle, which leads to a violation of blood circulation
- diseases of the prostate gland.
If you have problems with erection, the first step to solving them is not to look for advice on the Internet, but to make an appointment with an urologist or an andrologist. As already mentioned, a weak erection is a symptom of many dangerous diseases, from diabetes to oncological diseases. The doctor will conduct the necessary examination – the choice of the method of diagnosis depends on the patient’s general condition, complaints, anamnesis – and will reveal the cause of a weak erection. Perhaps, in addition to the actual therapy, the expert will advise to revise the way of living – to start moving more, to change the diet, to abandon bad habits. Despite all its banality, these are very practical advice, and following it can significantly improve a patient’s condition.
There are also specific methods for improving erection, which can be applied only after consulting a doctor.
This is the most reliable group of methods, which includes several remedies. First of all, these are medications – drugs that improve blood circulation and normalize pressure, such as Cialis and Viagra, anti-inflammatory drugs, and in the case of dysfunction caused by psychological reasons – soothing remedies. The choice of drugs directly depends on the causes of the problem, and the doctor will treat the underlying disease.